Summer is a great time for learning new skills or starting new projects! Take advantage of the sunny days, the warmer weather, and your vacation time to make something for yourself. To help you get started with your sewing, we’ve compiled a list of fabulous, fun, summer themed projects that you can sew this summer!
Got nothing to wear? Here are several beautiful clothing items that will make you shine this summer.
- Bookworm Skirt – Living with Punks
- Wrap Dress – I Heart Jenny’s Art
- Sailor Pants/Shorts – The Charlotte Letters
- The Surfer’s Poncho – Funky Polkadot Giraffe
- Very Simple Beach Cover-Up – Bored and Crafty
- Boho Glam Tunic – Growing Home
Don’t blow your budget when you update your decor! Check out these fun ideas for home sewn projects that will brighten your space.
- June Picnic Throw – Bolt Neighborhood
- Patriotic Table Runner – Fairfield World
- Easy Summer Tablecloth – Art Threads
- Pretty Potholders – My Girl Thursday
- Watermelon Table Runner – allpeoplequilt.com
- Beachy Summer Pillows – The Polka Dot Chair
- Summer Camp Chairs – Simple Simon & Company
- Beach Ball Pillow – Sew Homegrown
Travel & Outdoors
Taking a vacation, or going on a day trip? These fun projects will help you travel in style.
- All-In-One Picnic Blanket Tote – Craft Buds
- Travel Organizer – My Patchwork
- Summer Madras Tote – Noodlehead
- The Sandwich Cozy – Smashed Peas and Carrots
- Summer Travel Luggage Tag – Sew4Home
- Easy Mesh Beach Bag – Small Fry & Co.
- Patriotic Garden Flag – Fairfield World
Other Fun Project Ideas
Brighten the already sunny days with these clever ideas!
- Fleece Dog Bed – Dog Under My Desk
- Fabric Envelope – Meremade
- Insulated Lunch Bag – Heidi in Lederhosen
- Cactus Cross Body Bag – Fairfield World
- Water Gun Holster – Living with Punks
- Bubble Zipper Pouch – Sew Sweetness
- Summer Fling Bag – Vervlogen Dagen
- Backyard Puppet Theater – Kojo Designs
Looking for more sewing inspiration? Click HERE to see what’s new from our Master Makers.