Whether you’re a pro or a newbie, there is always something new to learn about sewing! I’ve compiled a list of some “must know” sewing hacks and hope they will make your sewing faster and more fun. Check out the list, and be sure to leave a comment to let us know your favorite sewing tip or trick.
- Keep a pair of pliers in your sewing room. They are great to use when hemming blue jeans to compress the thick seams together so they are easier to see over.
2. Keep a small needle nose plier in your sewing room. They are great for repairs on zippers, pulling a broken needle from under the bobbin, and pulling heavy threads when mending jeans.
3. Use larger serger thread on all machines and put it in a coffee cup to hold it in place.
7. Hot glue a measuring tape to the side of your table.
28. Use old DVD towers or file cabinets to organize fabric.
What’s your favorite hack or sewing tip? Let us know in the comments!