Let’s talk abstract forms and drawings and then let’s take that idea and make a pillow art with decorative trimmings. Here’s how to get started.
Supplies for Decorative Trimmings Pillow Art :
- Poly-Fil® Soft Touch® 12″ x 16″ Pillow Form
- Natural Canvas Fabric
- Assorted Natural Colored Trims by Decorative Trimmings
- Assorted Buttons
- Your choice of pattern transfer methods
- Sewing Machine and Basic Sewing Tools, Iron.
* Download clipart or create your own.
How to make Decorative Trimmings Pillow Art :
- Cut the following from canvas fabric: Pillow Front – Cut one 13 x 17 inch rectangle Pillow Back – Cut one 13 x 12 inch rectangle and Cut one 13 x 14 inch rectangle
- Transfer pattern onto the pillow front.
- Stitch assorted trims directly onto the pillow front following the pattern lines.
- Sew buttons to pillow front.
- Create a double turned 1 inch hem along one side of each of the pillow back sections.
- Lay the pillow front right side up on the flat surface. Place the two back pieces onto top right sides down and pin.
- Stitch the layers together using 1/2 inch seam.
- Turn right side out and press.
- Insert a Poly-Fil® Soft Touch® 12″ x 16″ Pillow Form and you are finished.