Made by: Carolina Moore
1. Cut fabric
2 pieces outer fabric 11 x 15.5″
2 pieces lining 11 x 15.5″
1 strip 2.5 x 30″
2 pieces shield 11 x 15.5″
2. Mark 2″ down from the top, and 2 3/4″ down from the top, on both sides of the outer fabric. Mark across, making two parallel lines at 2″ and 2 3/4″
3. Make two buttonholes in the center, 1/2″ apart, between the two lines, on ONE piece.
4. Add any applique, below the button holes.
5. Place the two outer pieces together, stitch on the sides and bottom.
6. Place the two inner pieces together, stitch on the two sides and bottom, leaving a 4″ gap at the bottom.
7. Turn the outer piece right side out, place inside the inner piece. Pin together all the way around the top. Stitch.
8. Turn right side out through the gap at the bottom. Stitch the gap closed. Stitch around the top to secure the edge.
9. Stitch a casing all the way around, with the button holes in the middle of the casing.
10. Fold the 2.5″ strip in half, stitch. Turn right side out. Stitch the edges to secure and keep from fraying.
11. Thread the strip into the casing through one buttonhole and out the other.
See more projects by: Carolina Moore