Urban Scandinavian Modern Half-Square Triangle Quilt Pattern
Categories: Bedding, Quilts
You’re going to love this quilt because it’s so modern and striking and surprisingly simple The large blocks make this quilt go together quickly even though it’s a large quilt. I always love a great black and white fabric collection, so I loved playing with the Black and White Urban Scandinavian line by Kirstyn Cogan for P and B Textiles and pairing them with the slightly textured color of the Color Weave fabrics from P and B Textiles. You can find these fabrics at many fabric stores online, but all of the Urban Scandinavian fabrics are available in Kirstyn Cogan’s shop here.
I wanted a generously sized quilt for my queen-sized bed so it would drape to the floor and cover the pillows well, so this quilt measures 108″ x 93″, which would be considered king-sized. You an make a smaller quilt using the same pattern, but by reducing the block size from 16″ to 15″.
This pattern was designed using EQ7.
What you need to make this project
- 1/2 Yard Urban Scandinavian Bundle (1/2 yard of 10 fabrics)
- 1 Color Weave Fat Quarter Bundle by P&B Textiles (21 Fat Quarters needed
- 1 yard Binding Fabric (I prefered the grey on black squiggle lines)
- Quilters 80/20™ Batting 120″ x 120″
- Nature-Fil™ Wool Batting 90″ wide x 8 yard Roll (Optional second Batting Layer)
- 2 3/4 108" wide Backing Fabric
- Coordinating thread
- Rotary Cutting Mat, Ruler, and Cutter
- Basting Spray (optional)