Urban Scandinavian Modern Half-Square Triangle Quilt Pattern
You’re going to love this quilt because it’s so modern and striking and surprisingly simple The large blocks make this quilt go together quickly even though it’s a large quilt. I always love a great black and white fabric collection, so I loved playing with the Black and White Urban Scandinavian line by Kirstyn Cogan for P and B Textiles and pairing them with the slightly textured color of the Color Weave fabrics from P and B Textiles. You can find these fabrics at many fabric stores online, but all of the Urban Scandinavian fabrics are available in Kirstyn Cogan’s shop here.
I wanted a generously sized quilt for my queen-sized bed so it would drape to the floor and cover the pillows well, so this quilt measures 108″ x 93″, which would be considered king-sized. You an make a smaller quilt using the same pattern, but by reducing the block size from 16″ to 15″.
This pattern was designed using EQ7.
What you need to make this project
- 1/2 Yard Urban Scandinavian Bundle (1/2 yard of 10 fabrics)
- 1 Color Weave Fat Quarter Bundle by P&B Textiles (21 Fat Quarters needed
- 1 yard Binding Fabric (I prefered the grey on black squiggle lines)
- Quilters 80/20™ Batting 120″ x 120″
- Nature-Fil™ Wool Batting 90″ wide x 8 yard Roll (Optional second Batting Layer)
- 2 3/4 108" wide Backing Fabric
- Coordinating thread
- Rotary Cutting Mat, Ruler, and Cutter
- Basting Spray (optional)