Taxi Tote Bag
Category: Bags and Totes
Do right by the planet and carry your own quilted Taxi Tote Bag for all your shopping and shlepping.
You can adapt the easy how-to’s provided here to your own mix of fabrics, and make a bag that reflects your personality and style. Make one for yourself, another for a gift — no gift-wrap necessary!
Project Size: 17″ wide x 16″ high (19” high with flap up) x 5″ deep, not including handles
What you need to make this project
- 18" x 36" piece of Fusi-boo batting
- 1/4 yard of print you absolutely love, for your “focal fabric” (shown here, a swirly yellow, black, white print)
- 1- 2 fat quarters in a variety of coordinating prints (sharing at least one of the colors of the focal fabric, but with a different type of pattern and scale; shown here, bubbly print)
- 1/2 yard dark-colored fabric to coordinate (shown here, black with confetti print)
- 1/4 yard OR fat quarter of light-colored fabric to coordinate (shown here, mottled yellow solid)
- 1/8 yard light & dark geometric in colors to coordinate (shown here, black and white diagonal stripe)
- 1/2 yard canvas fabric, 36” wide
- 1 yard cotton or polyester webbing, 1” wide (for handles)
- Optional: iron-on letters for monogram; 3 buttons, 1” in diameter; 6” length of narrow elastic cord