Simple Stripe Skirt with Stick
Categories: Gifts, Kid Friendly, Costume
If you want to make a really fast and easy skirt and add some extra fun, adding an accent stripe is a quick way to make a simple skirt.
What you need to make this project
- 1/8 Yard of Stick interlining (fusible web)
- 1/2 Yard of Main Skirt Fabric (for a small 5-year old). See instructions below for adapting to a larger child.
- 1/8 Yard of Accent Fabric
- 3/4-inch elastic, long enough to go around your child’s waist plus 1-inch
- Thread to match accent fabric
- Sewing Machine
- Rotary Cutter and Mat (optional)