Semi-Quilted Bike Pant Leg Cuff
Categories: Utility, Accessory, Outdoor, Back to School
Bicycle pant leg cuffs are a great way to protect your clothing from snagging in your bike’s chain while riding. This lighted quilted, DIY cuff is made from upcycled denim and embellished with foil iron on. A complete tutorial is available here on Underground Crafter.
What you need to make this project
- Poly-Fil Low-Loft Quilt Batting
- Cricut Foil Iron-on
- VELCRO® Brand Iron On 1 in x ¾ in Rectangles
- A pair of jeans destined for the scrap pile. (For best results, machine wash and dry the jeans before starting.)
- Cricut Explore with Cricut Design Space and Cricut Access.
- StandardGrip cutting mat.
- Cricut Weeder.
- Fiskars 45 mm Easy Change Ergo Control Rotary Cutter, Fiskars 18″ x 24″ Self-Healing Rotary Cutting Mat, and Fiskars 6″ x 24″ Acrylic Ruler; OR Fiskars fabric shears, ruler, and a fabric marking pencil.
- An iron and an ironing board or other iron-safe surface.
- Non-stick pressing sheet.
- A sewing machine or sturdy, hand sewing needle (to work through the denim) with cotton thread.
- Basic sewing supplies (i.e., fabric scissors, seam ripper, pins, fabric pencil/marker, etc.).