Fabric A – Four pieces 9.5” x 84”
Fabric B 1 – Two pieces 12.5” x 85”
Fabric B2 – One piece 6.5 x 85”
Fabric C – Four pieces 2.5” x 85”
Fabric D (Back of your Quilt) One piece or a combination of fabric sewn to equal 72” x 85”
Batting – One piece 85” x 69”
- This pattern uses a ½ inch seam allowance
- Sew the strips together according to the diagram using ½ inch seam allowance.
- Sew the backing together with the widest piece in the center.
- Place the front of the quilt on a table right side facing up. Lay the backing on top with the right side facing down. Place the batting on top. Pin and sew all three pieces together using a ½ inch seam allowance and leaving a 10” opening on one side for turning the quilt right side out.
- Turn quilt right side out and hand stitch the opening closed.
- Pin or baste quilt and hand stitch in the ditch at ¾ inch intervals with strong coordinating thread. (see diagram for stitch size)
- Make 14 pompoms with the PattyWack® pompom maker and attach 7 to each side of the quilt starting in the center and working towards ends to evenly space them.
- EnjoyNote: If you don’t want to dye the yarn for the pompoms, you can just purchase a coordinating yarn to make them.