Holiday Starburst Wall Hanging
Every time Rita makes something for us we know to expect a little extra pizzazz. And this Holiday Starburst wall hanging is no exception. She will teach you a fast fused and folded technique so you can make this project in a weekend. American Spirit Superior Blend Batting is perfect for this project because the cotton/poly combination plus the slight scrim will make your wall hanging drape beautifully.
What you need to make this project
- Roll of batting American Spirit Batting Superior Blend
- Green holiday fabric: 1/4 yard
- Dark blue/gold stars, quilt top: 18" x 23"
- Red holiday fabric: 1/2 yard
- Light blue with silver snowflakes: 1/2 yard
- Creme with gold stars: fat quarter
- Silver lame or satin: 9" x 12"
- Backing fabric and sleeve: 1/2 yard
- Binding: red fabric: 1/8 yard
- Light weight fusible web: 1 1/2 yards
- Red sparkle eyelash yarn: 2 1/2 yards
- Trim (for bottom edge on quilt): 23 inches
- Cardboard file folder (for making templates)
- Optional: Fusible hem tape (to secure binding to back of quilt)