Easy Tape-Basted Zipper Pillows
Categories: Bedding, Decor, Kid Friendly, Pillow
Zippers can be intimidating for lots of beginning (and experienced) sewists. This easy technique to tape your zipper in place instead of pinning will save you time and give you the perfectly lined up zipper every time.
PRO TIP: Use a pillow insert one size larger than the pillow cover you make. This will ensure that your pillow looks plump and completely filled.
What you need to make this project
- Home Elegance® Pillow 26″ x 26″ or...
- Soft Touch® Pillow 26″ x 26″
- 3/4 yard Cuddle Fabric (60" wide) or 1 1/2 yards 45" wide fabric
- Approximately 20" Zipper (Slightly bigger or smaller okay)
- Double-Sided Tape
- Seam Ripper
- Sewing Machine
- Rotary Cutting Blade, Mat, and Ruler