DIY Simple Foam READ Floor Cushions
Categories: Utility, Decor, Kid Friendly
Floor cushions have endless uses but are especially nice for young readers. This tutorial will teach you how to make basic covers that you can decorate in any fashion you’d like. Our elementary school’s library’s reading corner has been in sore need of some new cushions and pillows, so I thought it was time to make some Simple Foam Floor Cushions…and what better message than to spell out READ.
What you need to make this project
- 1 Piece of Foamology 5" Project Foam 24"x36"
- 2 1/2 yards cotton fabric or home decor fabric
- 4 Heavy Duty 22" Metal Coat Zippers
- 1/4 yard accent fabric for letters (optional)
- 1/2 yard paper backed fusible web
- Thread to match accent fabric
- Rotary Cutter & Mat (optional)
- Sewing Machine