DIY Laptop Sleeve
Categories: Utility, Bags and Totes
This easy to make laptop sleeve uses Shield moisture barrier and Support Foam Stabilizer to protect your laptop or other electronic device from the minor bumps and moisture it may encounter in normal use and transport inside another carrier such as a saddle bag, backpack, or case. (Note: This is NOT intended to be the laptops main carrying case and protection for the elements and may not protect a laptop from major drops or damage.)
For some extra style, look for computer or geek themed fabric.
The exact amount of fabric needed will vary depending on the size of your laptop. You’ll want to coordinating fabrics…one for the outside and one for the inside. Note that the inside fabric will only show slightly, so put your favorite one on the outside.
What you need to make this project
- 1/2 Yard of Two Coordinating 100% Cotton Quilting Fabrics
- 1/4 Yard 100% Cotton Quilting fabric for Binding Fabric
- 1 Yard Support Soft Foam Stabilizer
- 1/2 Yard Shield Liner Fabric or 1 Craft Pack
- One pack 3/4" velcro or similar fastener.
- Coordinating Thread
- Rotary Cutting Mat, Blade, and Ruler or Scissors
- Measuring Tape
- Pins and or small binder clips
- Temporary Adhesive Basting Spray