DIY Lap Desk with Crochet Cushion
This DIY lap desk lets you flex your crafting muscles! Do-it-yourself with crochet, sewing, painting, and more!
What you need to make this project
- Fairfield Poly-Fil Premier Polyester Fiber Fill – 32 ounces bag.
- Feels Like Butta Bonus Bundle yarn (100% polyester, 9.7 oz/275 g/590 yd/540 m) – 1 skein in 156 Mint, or approximately 590 yd (540 m) in any medium weight yarn.
- Muslin, “ugly,” or scrap fabric – 1 fat quarter or half yard cut of fabric.
- FolkArt Home Decor Chalk paint in 34175 Sunset Rose.
- Aleene’s Original ClearGel Tacky Glue.
- ewing thread in a color that coordinates with your yarn.
- Houseworks Unfinished Wood Lap Desk.
- FolkArt Home Decor Wide Brush.
- US Size I-9/5.5 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Sewing machine with leveling foot or walking foot, and hand sewing needle.
- Pins and pin cushion.
- Fabric shears and marking pencil, or cutting mat, acrylic ruler, and 45 mm rotary cutter.