DIY Denim Log Cabin Pocket Pillows
Categories: Decor, Pillow, Cushions
Let’s just admit that you probably have a pile of old jeans in your closet (and if not, you know someone who does). Why not transform those jeans into something cuddly and useful?
The DIY Denim Log Cabin Pillows are ultra plush and cuddly because you’re combining soft, worn in jeans with Poly-Fil Low-Loft Quilt Batting and a Decorator’s Choice Luxury Pillow Form. The jeans pocket is great for keeping track of remote controls, crochet hooks, or other small belongings that have the tendency to get lost in the couch. You can find the complete tutorial here.
What you need to make this project
- Poly-Fil Low-Loft Quilt Batting.
- Decorator's Choice Luxury Pillow Form.
- Two pairs of jeans destined for the scrap pile.
- Cotton fabric for pillow back – ½ yard.
- Cotton fabric for pillow interior backing – ½ yard or fat quarter.
- Fiskars 45 mm Easy Change Ergo Control Rotary Cutter, Fiskars 18″ x 24″ Self-Healing Rotary Cutting Mat, and Fiskars 6″ x 24″ Acrylic Ruler.
- An iron and an ironing board or other heat-safe surface.
- Sewing machine with cotton thread.
- Basic sewing supplies (i.e., fabric scissors, seam ripper, pins, fabric pencil/marker, etc.). I used my Fiskars Amplify Mixed Media Shears since they cut through denim very easily.
- Optional: Denim needle for your sewing machine.