Crochet Super Hero Doll – Super Santiago
- Approximately 19” (48.5 cm) tall after assembly and stuffing.
- Through Rnd 11 = 4.25” (11 cm) in pattern for Hair with smaller hook. Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be close together so fiber filling does not show through.
Abbreviations Used in This Pattern
- BL – back loop only – Moogly has a helpful video tutorial for identifying the back loop here.
- CA – Color A
- CB – Color B
- CC – Color C
- ch – chain
- dc – double crochet
- invdec – invisible decrease –
- Insert hook in front loop only of each of next 2 sts, yo and draw up a loop, yo and draw through 2 loops. Planet June has a helpful invisible decrease tutorial here.
- pf – 5-repeat puff stitch – [Yo, insert hook into st, yo and draw up a loop] 5 times in same st, yo and draw through all 11 loops on hook. A video tutorial for the 3-repeat version of this stitch is available here.
- pm – place stitch marker
- rep – repeat
- Rnd(s) – Round(s)
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- yo – yarn over
- *Repeat instructions after asterisk as indicated.
-  Repeat instructions between brackets as indicated.
- Ch 1 at beginning of rows and rounds does not count as a stitch.
- When choosing colors, note that CA is the skin color, CB is the clothing and cape color, and CC is the hair color.
- Change colors in last yo of final stitch of row, as demonstrated in this video from AllFreeCrochet.
- Oombawka Design has a helpful video tutorial for starting with the magic adjustable ring here.
- A helpful tutorial for seaming with the whipstitch is available here.