This winter amigurumi project can be used as a stress ball (just squeeze the head from behind, with your thumb and forefinger where the ears would be positioned) or as a decorative ornament (by adding the optional ornament loop). Use classic snowman colors or make a quirky version with scrap yarn or stripes. The Poly-Fil® Crafter’s Choice® Dry Packing Fiber Fill is easy to stuff and gives the Snowdude a firm structure so it holds its shape. The Crochet Snowdude pattern is available here on Underground Crafter.
What you need to make this project
- Poly-Fil® Crafter’s Choice® Dry Packing Fiber Fill - 10 Ounce Bag.
- Red Heart Super Saver (7 oz/198 g/364 yds/333 m/100 % acrylic) – 1 skein each in 311 White (CA), 312 Black (CB), and 256 Carrot (CC), or approximately 60 yd (55 m) each in CA and CB, and 30 yd (27.5 m) in CC in any medium weight yarn.
- 2 matched sew-through buttons.
- US Size F-5/3.75 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or 12 locking stitch markers.