Crochet Patchwork Cat
Categories: Doll, Crochet
This beginner-friendly crocheted stuffed toy mimics the style of a classic cat quilt block. Use planned colors or make it scrappy to use up leftover bits of yarn in different colors. The Poly-Fil® Crafter’s Choice® Dry Packing Fiber Fill is easy to stuff and gives the cat a firm structure so it can stand easily. The Patchwork Cat crochet pattern is available here on Underground Crafter.
What you need to make this project
- Poly-Fil® Crafter’s Choice® Dry Packing Fiber Fill - 10 Ounce Bag.
- Red Heart With Love yarn (100% acrylic, 7 oz/198 g/370 yd/338 m) – 1 skein ea in 1704 Bubble Gum (CA), 1502 Iced Aqua (CB), 1601 Lettuce (CC), 1201 Daffodil (CD), and 1101 Eggshell (CE), or approximately 30 yd (27.5 m) ea in CA, CB, CC, and CD, and 100 yd (91.5 m) in CE in any medium weight yarn. For a scrappy look, expect to use approximately 2 yd (1.5 m) for every 4 row “square.”
- FreshStitches 12 mm cat craft/safety eyes – 1 pair.
- US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Yarn needle.
- Clover Quick Locking Stitch Marker Set, or 12 locking stitch markers.